A lighter, more accurate power meter completely integrated with the philosophy and performance of SRAM RED. Advances in technology and performance paired with unrivaled ease-of-use. The sleek new geometry reduces system weight and delivers clearance for oversized frames and aerodynamic chainrings. The only visible power component is the low profile, all aluminum battery case. New stress flow lifts accuracy to +/- 1.5% and makes power measurement independent from chainring
- Integrated electronics minimize interconnections and reduce exposure to the elements, bringing unmatched durability and reliability.
- Power Balance™ and ANT+™ give you compatibility, flexibility and every available metric
- ANT+™ ID is clearly visible to aid pairing and operation
- LED indicator signals power on and setting zero
- Tool-less, user-replaceable battery is a cycling industry standard C R2032
- OmniCal™: TT chainrings can be fitted without recalibration
- Rain, mud and snow; the waterproof design will survive the worst conditions
Arm Material - Carbon Arms, Machined Alloy spider
Chainring - Material Machined Alloy
Weight - 778g (GXP 172.5mm 53x39 BB not included)
Available Arm Lengths - 162.5mm, 165mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm, 177.5mm
Compatibility - SRAM RED 22 & Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleurs, SRAM RED 22 & PC1170 chains
Technology Highlight(s) - Quarq™, Power Balance™, Omnical™, Exogram™
The new Hollow Carbon Construction starts in the crank arm and extends into the cranks’ spider. It maximizes the stiffness to weight ratio.
Quarq technology powers SRAM’s road power meters including the groundbreaking SRAM RED Quarq Power Meter.
How Power Meters Work
Power meters calculate power by measuring the torque (pedal force) and the angular velocity (cadence). Power = Torque x Cadence.
When you press on the pedals, all parts of the bikes drivetrain displace (flex) slightly under the load. Power meters are designed using Finite Element Analysis to displace in a very controlled manner in specific locations in response to applied load. Strain gauges are used to measure the displacement and thus calculate the applied torque. Reed switches are used to calculate cadence.
SRAM power meters use a proprietary strain gauge arrangement and precision digital circuitry to delivery high accuracy and low power consumption for optimal battery life.
Inside Quarq Power Meters
- ANT+™: A wireless standard for bicycle electronics that ensures interoperability between sensors and bike computers from different manufacturers.
- OmniCal™: Power measurement is independent from chainring selection. Switch from road to TT chainrings without impacting accuracy. No recalibration necessary.
- Power Balance™: Displays the ratio of power generated in the right drive stroke (first half) versus the left drive stroke (second half). Lets you work on an equal pedal stroke over 360 degrees of rotation.
The chainrings are designed for an optimized shifting performance with the Yaw front derailleur. The stiffer rings (5mm 7075-T6 aluminum CNC-machined) feature upshift rivets with an advanced design adopted from SRAM XX. CNC machining allows for precision control of each tooth shape, ramp, and nearly every shifting feature of the chainring. Chainrings, chain, and front derailleur are designed as a single integrated system for optimized performance.
Sram Red 22 11R Power Meter
- Brand: SRAM
- Product Code: sg179
- Availability: In Stock